We are a UK based company and follow all laws pertinent to being based and operating within the EU.
Who We Are
Proxismart Ltd was registered as a private company on 10th October 2014. Proxismart is the Data Controller for all personal information collected for the ParkingPerx app. We act as the Data Processor for personal data processed on behalf of third parties such as payment systems.
Type of Information We Collect and How We Collect it
On this site we collect information relevant to any person who has expressed an interest in the ParkingPerx app that allows for the promotion of discounts or offers vis-a-vis the app. This site is also used for registration purposes in regard to our business-to-business relationship with a merchant or other business user of the app. The data we collect is Personal Data namely, personal information relating to a natural living person. As a result, we want to assure you that we will strive to treat all data in accordance with laws associated with the GDPR.
When you register on this site you will provide registration details that may include the following: –
- Title (Mr etc)
- Business or Trading Name
- Business Address
- Post Code
- Business Mobile Telephone Number
- Business Email Address
- Business Landline Telephone Number
- Payment Method. 3rd party payment gateway software is used to capture and store Debit/Credit card details. (Details are processed but are pseudonymised vis-a-vis an encrypted token ID. Proxismart has access to the token ID but not the credit/debit card data)
- Category or Type of Business or User you are
- Average Ticket Spend
- Nearest Car Park
How We Use Your Information
Proxismart, the Data Controller of your data, is responsible for keeping your information safe. We may use your information for the purposes described in this policy only when legally sanctioned by the GDPR. Members of Proxismart may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller as a data processor and, unless prohibited under GDPR, for use as a data controller for the purposes described in this policy.
Consistent with the GDPR and choices and controls that are available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Provide you with the experiences, products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase.
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services.
- Personalize content and experiences.
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by using survey research and analytics tools; and
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
Lawful basis for data processing
We only collect and process your personal data when there is a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis we rely on in this respect includes:
Contract: used for most of the data we collect where the processing is necessary to perform your Service contract.
Legitimate interest: a legitimate commercial interest to process certain of your personal data Examples would include: –
- running our business and the purposes of certain forms of direct marketing and profiling.
- to archive certain account information to facilitate you to re‐use your account in the future; or
- if there is a legitimate interest from business or security perspective, e.g. to prevent fraud or abuse of our Services, or for purpose of network and information security of our IT systems.
Legal obligation: the processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation, e.g. the legal requirement to keep administrative records for a certain period, or the legal obligation to share certain data on a police order for criminal investigation purposes.
Public interest task: the processing necessary to assist in tasks in the public interest, e.g. to aid enforcement agents in verifying the validity of a parking action or parking permit.
Consent: where you gave us explicit consent to process the data concerned, for example ‐ if applicable ‐ to share your data with partners or other third parties for commercial purposes.
If you have given your consent to the processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, the process for which is contained within the app. We will discontinue the processing of your information upon receipt of your withdrawal. However, any processing performed prior to your withdrawal remains a legitimate processing based on a valid consent at the time. We will not be under any obligation to reverse the processing.
Sharing Your Information
We will not share your personal information with a third party outside Proxismart except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When we cooperate with others to complete the offer of products or services to you, such as Car Park Operators, Card Payment Systems or Businesses. However, we will do so only if permitted by GDPR and, in these cases, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those related to the offer or services.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery, marketing and advertising, and customer service. Please take note these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by GDPR; and
Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with GDPR and The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) your controls and choices may include:
- Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
- Correcting, updating, and deleting your registration account.
- Requesting deletion of your personal information.
- Requesting to restrict the amount or nature of the personal information we process.
- Choosing or changing your choices for alerts.
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you; and
- Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services.
You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including by logging onto your registration account and changing details, using your device or other available settings to adjust amend or delete your marketing choices or by contacting us direct by email to email@example.com.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Security, Integrity and Retention
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures in accordance with GDPR Regulations that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Data Transfers, Storage, and Processing Globally
Questions, concerns and complaints
If you have questions or concerns about the way in which we use your personal data, please contact us through email@example.com
If you feel that an issue has not properly been resolved, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.